AGREEMENT FOR SUPPLY OF TRUST’S PUBLICATIONS TO AN AGENT
This agreement is made on this the ______ day of ____ BETWEEN National Book Trust, India, a society registered under the Societies Registration Act and having its registered office at 5, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, Phase-II, New Delhi-110070 (India) acting through its Chairman/Director/Manager(Sales & Marketing) (hereinafter referred to as the First Party) AND ____________________________having its registered office at_________________and acting through its _____________(hereinafter referred to as the Second Party). The expression First Party and the Second Party shall include their successors and assigns.
WHEREAS the First Party is an autonomous body under the Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and is engaged in the work of publications, sale and promotion of books.
AND WHEREAS the Second Party _________________________is engaged in the sale of books and desired to sell and distribute the books published by the First Party.
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH AS UNDER:
- 1. The Agent shall deposit with the NBT a sum of Rs.5, 000/- (Rupees Five Thousand) which would remain with the NBT as security as long as this agreement remains in force.
2. The Agent shall get discount on the printed price of the NBT publications, on the gross business transacted during a contractual year, as under:
i) Less than Rs.1.00,000 : 35%
ii) Over Rs.1,00,000 : 40%
iii) On Hard-bound copies : 40%
(irrespective of volume of business)
- 3. In consideration of the Agent undertaking to purchase NBT publications worth ___________ gross within each contractual year, the agent shall be allowed 35% discount on the printed price of the books, on purchase made during the corresponding contractual years.
4. In case the Agent fails to purchase books worth Rs over lac. gross in a contractual year, he will be entitled to retain the discount as per the schedule in Clause 2 above and the excess discount allowed shall be recovered from them.
- 5. The Agent shall sell the NBT publications at their published price. The agent shall, however, be allowed to give reasonable discount on sales to libraries educational institutions, government department, etc.
6. F.O.R. facility to a single destination shall be allowed by the NBT on orders net value of which exceeds 1000/-. In case of books supplied by post packets 50 per cent of the postage will be charged from the agent.
- 7. The responsibility of the NBT shall cease on delivery of the consignment to the carrier. In case the agent fails to take delivery of the consignment from the carrier in time, or delays release of the documents through bankers, the cost of dispatch, demurrage, etc. shall be recovered from the Agent.
8. All supplies shall be made to the agent on outright sale basis, against cash payment on delivery or payment .through bankers on presentation of consignment/documents. However, credit facility up to a period of 30 days may be allowed against a guarantee of any scheduled bank covering the net value of the books ordered.
The Agent shall make payment, in chronological order, Bill to Bill vis a vis no Part Payment of any due bill shall be accepted by the Trust.
- 9. This agreement shall remain in force till such time it is terminated by either side by giving one month’s notice.
10. Any dispute or claim arising out of this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Delhi Courts.
11. NBT reserves its right to add, delete or modify any of the terms and conditions to its sole discretion
- THE AFORESAID TERMS ARE ACCEPTABLE TO US AND WE HEREBY UNDERTAKE TO ABIDE BY THEM.
Date Signature _________________________________
Name & Address : ______________________________
Of the Company ______________________________
PAN No ______________________________________
Phone No.(landline) ____________________________
Mobile No. _____________________________
Fax No. ________________________________
Permanent Home Address of the Head/Owner of the
Security Amount given by way of
Name & Address of the Bankers
Nearest Railway Station
last updated on :
4/12/2013 4:30:10 PM